Are You Ready For A Fitness Mini-Challenge?
Are you ready for a mini-challenge to ramp up that energy and have some FUN!?
It’s time for this year’s edition of the12 Days of Fit-mas Workout!
You already know that regular exercise will help you:
→ blow off some stress,
→ boost your immunity,
→ improve your sleep, and
→ lower your risk of a long list of chronic diseases.
Just remember, if you're currently in a Catabolic Imbalance, this isn't the best workout for you...instead, challenge yourself by taking a 30-60 minute walk for the next 12-days. I promise...if you're in the Catabolic Imbalance you will see tons of results (and feel a whole heck of a lot better) by simply walking. Trust the process.
Now, let's take this workout and turn it into Bio-Individual Fitness protocol:
This workout is done to the format of the song “The 12 Days of Christmas.”
Here’s how it works:
1. Set a time for 18 minutes.
2. Know your Heart Rate Zones. If you need help finding them, click on THIS POST and I'll show you how to find your heart rate zones.
3. Start your timer and get to work. You will work as hard as you can until you just can't anymore. You should be out of breath, getting heated and barely able to push another movement out of yourself. Think Zones 3 or 4.
4. You will then rest until you are back to the bottom of Zone 2, top of Zone 1. It doesn't matter if you takes you 1 minute to recover or 4 minutes. You don't guess about when it's time to start again. You let your heart rate tell you.
5. Every round, you add a new exercise, and you do that exercise for the number of reps it would be for the day it represents in the song.
So, for round 1, you would do 1 jumping jack. Round 2 you would do 2 burpees + 1 jumping jack. Round 3 would be 3 push-ups + 2 burpees + 1 jumping jack … all the way to round 12, where you would do the whole thing from day 12 through day 1.
6. Repeat this process as many times as you until your timer goes off. Once the timer beeps, you're done. Go for a 15-30 minute walk to cool down. Make sure you're staying in Zone 1 or Zone 2 during your walk.
You’ll feel so accomplished after you do this!
12 Days of Fitness Workout
Warm-up with 5-10 minutes of light cardio … walking in place, treadmill, etc., and light stretches (leg swings, arm circles, etc.)
1 Jumping Jack
2 Burpees (without push-up)
4 Lunges (alternating sides)
5 Mountain climbers (each side)
6 Air Squats
7 High Knees (each side)
8 Spiderman planks (each side)
11 Glute Bridges
12 Ab bicycles, each side!
Be sure to cool down with some light movement (walking, stretching, etc.) to bring your heart rate down.
It’s a fun way to get a little movement in AND know that you’ve done something great for yourself!
Make it an amazing and fit day,
Here are some visual guides to the exercise included: